Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, July 05, 2009

while waiting

No baby yet. I have come so close to leaving for the hospital and have woken up the past few nights with awful back aches that don't go away and strong contractions that become regular only enough for me to pack everything and then they stop for hours. So we're still here. Its frustrating for me because I mentally prepare for labor and think through it and also just painful already. Then it stops and I know I'll have to go through it all over. I guess the good thing is when it finally does happen I'll be so excited hopefully it'll make labor that much faster. My sister left this morning so this baby will come tonight. haha doesn't it always work that way? It would've been perfect with her here just to be able to leave right away but God has other plans and I'm trying to be patient because I know this baby will be here eventually. But we have had fun with my sister here and here are some pictures of what we've been doing this past weekend. I'm so glad she came even though I know she was hoping for a baby to be here but it was such a help for me to have someone entertain Colin and also made the days go by faster since we were busy doing things each day.

"Fishing" - Colin's pole doesn't have a hook on it yet since he LOVES to play with it all the time. One of these days we'll put one one but for now the big fish always gets away. The other day I think a turtle took a bite on the end because he was having trouble pulling it in for a while.

Playgrounds aren't just for kids

Watching tv with ant ant and hanging out at the pool one afternoon

I thought we'd spend more time at the pool but we just went one day. I love how Colin is clinging to Sarah in the second picture. He didn't want Brent to get him.

For the 4th we had my parents and grandparents over for a cookout. (I was hoping to have a 4th of July baby and be in the hospital but that didn't happen) but Colin loved all the attention and was definitely the center of attention all day.

Sneaking up on Ba-pa. For the first time in years it wasn't horribly hot on the 4th so we went for a bike ride in the evening. (well brent and Colin rode bikes. Sarah and I just walked)

Eating ice cream cones with Ant Ant after our bike ride.

2 comments:

Nystral Djo said...

i love that maternity suit ;)

Bringing Up Boys said...

baby will be here before you know it although at this point I can understand the desire to want him out already. You reach a point when you are just so uncomfortable and have to pee all the time that the thought occurs to you that even with the every 2-3 hour feedings around the clock, you would actually get better rest once he's out. Crazy how that works isn't it? Will your OB strip your membranes on your next visit if you don't go into labor before then - that usually does the trick of putting you into labor - no joke.