Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

weekend fun

Sunday we headed over to NN to take Colin to a birthday party and spend time with my parents. My friend Linda's daughter was turning 4 and had her birthday party at the Bounce House. Its pretty much a warehouse filled with inflatable slides, moonbounces, obstacle courses. And it just opened up near my parents house. Linda and I have been friends since 2nd grade so its really fun to get together and see our kids grow up together. We left Joel with my parents and I took Colin while Brent went to Trader Joe's. Colin had a blast and I had fun playing with Colin. He wanted me to go down the slides with him and it was fun to be able to just play with Colin (and also go down slides - things I haven't been able to do in months. The first time I went down one Colin's face was priceless and so excited to have me there going down with him. We had a lot of fun and look forward to going back to the Bounce House again. Brent even got in the action and stopped by (he dropped us off and picked us up since I haven't driven since having the baby) The only bad part of the day was when Colin's eye and another boy's elbow met and now Colin has a big black eye. Battle wounds :)Colin thought that he should help in blowing the candle out.

Joel enjoyed being held by grandma all afternoon and loved being on the swing with grandpa. Joel was fascinated by something he saw above him. (Colin and my dad used to swing like this too)
Today I took this cute video of Colin singing and rocking the cradle while Joel slept. We put him on his side (since he hates being on his back to sleep) and he wiggles until he is on his tummy. Scares me at night since they warn you of SIDS all the time but I guess if he's strong enough to wiggle down he'll be ok. I'm not as nervous this time - with Colin I was constantly checking on him in the middle of the night to make sure he was still breathing. Please excuse the mess in the corner. It was laundry day finally at our house :) Its hard to hear since there was a huge thunderstorm but so sweet to see him singing to his little brother.

2 comments:

Jen said...

good to know you're not as nervous. eden sleeps at night from 8 to 7 but before i go to bed at 11 i always walk in there to make sure i can hear her breathing!

Brent and Abigail said...

So this was the first time I saw that video. I must say, the thunder in the background was so cool. We've got a nice speaker system so it sounds even better!!!