Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today's pictures

Once again I'm waiting to feed Joel. He will either eat in half an hour to an hour and I know if he goes another hour then I'll be wishing I had slept but its almost worse to just fall asleep and then be woken up. We're still working on the sleeping at night but other than that it gets easier each day. Colin has barely stuttered the past 2 days which is such an answer to prayer and really loves baby Joel. Its so sweet to see him love on his little brother and makes all the anxiety Colin has shown worth it. Brent goes back to work tomorrow so we'll see how Colin does with that. He has loved having Daddy home so much to play with. In fact several times today Colin has told me "mommy you hold baby Joel me play with daddy" My mom will be here to help since Brents first day back he has to go to Charlottesville. I think he's looking forward almost to going since he'll get a full nights sleep tomorrow night! Colin and I are looking forward to Ma-maa being here. But here are some pictures we took todayColin loves to kiss and sing to Joel when he cries. He loves to sing "its ok its ok its ok" over and over when Joel cries. Entertaining Joel while we're getting dinner ready. Colin wanted to make sure his comfy heart blanket as he calls it was put there so Joel was nice and snuggly. And yes Colin is wearing a diaper. Clothes have been optional this week :) but after cleaning poop three times in a row (that part of potty training still isn't going well) Brent made him put a diaper on. Colin and I held Joel's hands while Colin prayed at dinner tonight and Colin thought that was the greatest.

1 comment:

Julie said...

that is so cute. Zach spent tons of time with Eli too when Jasper was born and it made their relationship so strong. It was a precious time. Praying you have a great time with your mom there.