Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, July 24, 2009

2 weeks

The past 2 weeks have gone by so fast. Its hard to believe Joel is only two weeks old as we can't imagine life without him - but at the same time he seems like he was just born yesterday. This week was my first week taking care of both boys on my own. One day I even managed to get them both napping at the same time. Its only happened once but we're starting to get on a consistent schedule which is nice for all of us. Colin has done amazing and has been so patient. Joel is just cute and besides loving to be held all the time loves to sleep (we aren't used to a baby that likes to sleep since Colin NEVER slept this much) Joel also loves to look at his brother and Colin loves talking to him. In fact I hear all the time "mommy wake baby joel up. I can't see his eyes!" and each time Joel looks at colin he shouts "he's looking at me. He loves me!" So sweet. I love this picture of these boys and hope this is the beginning of a close friendship between them. This week has actually been easier than I thought and time goes by so fast between feedings, diaper changes and just playing with both boys. Its been nice to be able to get on the floor now and play with Colin since my huge stomach isn't there :) Its been a balancing act at times when both boys need my attention - who do you help first? But each day gets more structured for us and I'm loving every minute of it. Our friends Pete and Ashleigh were vacationing in Williamsburg last weekend so we ventured out to meet them - and to also get out of the house. Colin LOVES doo-danna (susanna)we also stopped and saw my grandparents on the way home. helping daddy clean the guitters
just plain cute

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I can't believe he's two weeks old already!!! I must need to come see you guys soon!!