Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brotherly love

So I can't guarantee we'll post pictures everyday but I am waiting until Joel's next feeding before I attempt to get some sleep. The past few nights Joel has decided its time to play and not sleep. But here are some sweet pictures I took of the boys today. Colin loves being around the baby and loves when Joel looks at him. We also have to announce to baby Joel that "big brother is here" whenever Colin walks into the room. I think today was a turning point for Colin adjusting to being a big brother. He has started stuttering since we've been home with the baby and he never did that before but its all from the stress, anxiety, change he's going through. At least we hope so. And mommy isn't all his anymore. But last night was really hard to see him struggling to say just a few simple words. Today has been SO much better. He has barely stuttered at all. Brent and I were both able to get some good quality time with Colin and it has made such a difference. I am starting to feel a lot better so thats made it easier to play with Colin. And it is so sweet to see him really love the baby. Today he sang to Joel whenever Joel was crying and wanted Joel to come play in his room while we played. And he is getting used to me feeding Joel and keeps telling Joel to eat a lot so he can grow bigger and bigger to play with him. I am a little worried about next week when I take care of both boys alone but thats a week away and each day gets better and better. Once we get into a routine it'll be easier on all of us - especially our Colin Big Boy (as he likes to be called) who loves order and everything in its place. Here is a picture Brent took of me trying to hold both boys. Colin got his finger caught in the horsey springs (ouch!) and Joel was crying at the same time. I think thats what my life will be like from now on.Here is another picture of Joel looking at Brent. He does this all the time and loves to just study Brent - like he's trying to figure him out.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so excited for you!!! What a blessing. I am praying for sleep for you and I cannot wait to meet him when we go back home. It will be such a blessing for our boys to play together!!! Hugs from afar.

Destiny said...

oh Abby!! Yay! I'm so excited for you two! It's gonna be crazy, but oh so much fun. Love you guys!

Sarah said...

Don't worry baby joel... took me a while to figure out Brent also :)

Jen said...

Aw Abby, poor Colin. I'm so glad his stuttering is getting better. I bet that was so hard to watch! Be praying for you guys...you can do it!!