Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A New friend

Today we made a new friend. Her name is Sarah and she and her husband just moved here this summer. Her husband is in the Coast Guard and was sent to Africa right after they moved here which was also weeks after their wedding. Sarah's sister is my friend Abbey who I went to college with. And Sarah also went to Virginia Tech - its great to have another hokie friend. (you can never have too many) We met up with Sarah and rode the ferry across from Portsmouth to Norfolk and then went on the USS Wisconsin. Colin loved the ferry and was excited to ride it twice. And he really liked the big guns on the USS Wisconsin. The cannons he calls them. Sarah was great and became Colin's best friend and took him all over the ship. I had to have the stroller in my sight at all times (a stupid rule in my opinion) and there were parts of the ship where you had to climb the stairs to the top. We were only allowed on the top of the ship but I had no idea how many levels were at the top. Sarah graciously took Colin or stayed with Joel so I could climb more steps. It was a fun day and we're excited to get to know Sarah and Brian more while they are stationed here.

In front of the cannons

Colin and his new best friend. He thinks everyone with the name sarah is great. My sister who he calls Ant Ant is also a Sarah and he told me that Sarah's are fun. But don't worry Ant Ant he still wants to call you Ant Ant. Joel looking around on the ship.
And many of you have been asking about Colin. Thanks so much for the notes and comments. He is doing much better. He felt awful tuesday and wednesday and we had major meltdowns until I finally started giving him milkshakes with tylenol in it since he wouldn't take it any other way. He had a hard time eating because he kept popping his jaw out when they were stitching him up and then he is very bruised from the fall. It looks awful. Today was a much better day and he said he doesn't hurt as much - it just itches. So we have been trying hard to keep him from scratching them. But that is so hard. Good thing we only have a few more days until they take the stitches out. He had fun with the bandaid box today while I was putting Joel down for a nap. Colin also likes to say he had 11 stitches instead of 4. Probably felt like that to him.And when you baby brother is so cute its important to get just the right camera angle :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

yeah for new friends, that is a huge blessing!!!!

Sarah said...

So fun! Sarah's are awesome :) Glad I'm still Ant Ant... would have been awful if he started calling me sarah!

I love Colin's expression taking Joel's picture - also Joel looks huge in that shot.

Abbey said...

Yay for meeting my sister:) I'm glad you had such a fun time. Go Hokies.