Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

lots of pictures!

This past weekend was a very fun filled weekend. My sister Sarah and Brent's best friend Regis came down to visit. We had Ant Ant and Re-Re here all weekend long. And it was great. In fact Colin didn't want them to have dinner last night because they were leaving after dinner. And then at 4:00am he woke up crying "I miss Ant Ant and Re-Re." Joel got held by everyone a lot and Colin always had a constant playmate every minute. It was a good break for me too. I always feel like one kid is getting neglected during the day since the baby demands a lot of time and so does Colin so someone is always waiting on the other. Which isn't a bad thing for them to learn but it was great to see both having attention all the time. Very busy but also relaxing too. So please come back soon Ant Ant and Re-Re. We miss you all ready. We always have fun adventures with Sarah and Regis so here are a ton of pictures from this weekend.
The boys swinging on our swing
Of course we headed over to the beach. Here Joel is entertaining Ant Ant with storiesJoel & I
Our beach baby
Smiling at Mommy. Isn't he just too cute!
Jumping waves with Re-Re. Colin LOVES the beach. We stayed all day.
Trying to outrun the waves. Then Saturday night Jamie and Benjamin came over to watch the Hokie Game. This picture was for our California Hokies who we wish could've been watching with us.

Sunday we went to Fort Story to look at the Cape Henry Lighthouses. Colin has a book James and Angela gave him with a picture of the two lighthouses in it and was so excited to climb it. This is the newer lighthouse but the original lighthouse is open to visitors to climb. Unfortunately Colin was too short to climb and was so disappointed. But we have promised him as soon as he gets bigger he can climb it.Regis, Sarah, and Brent at the top
Going down the slide with Regis
My precious baby
Brent and Colin
Regis and Brent - I'm so glad they've been best friends for so long. Everyone needs a Regis in their life
At the VERY last minute Regis and Sarah wanted to go on a dolphin sunset Cruise. We had to get both boys woken up from naps and ready and fed in 10 minutes and then had to be out the door to make the boat. And we did it. I was afraid we weren't going to make it. It was a lot of fun. Colin loved walking around the boat and we saw a few dolphins jump right in front of the boat. And even saw a distressed sailboat rescue. Our boat was going to rescue the boat but then the coast guard came up so we went to go find dolphins. I think everyone on the boat wanted to stay and watch the rescue. It was a beautiful night and a lot of fun. I'm really glad Sarah and Regis decided to do it.
Colin is excited about the dolphins
Our family. Joel slept the whole time until the end when he woke up and was so confused about where he was
And here is what Colin does with me almost every morning. I am trying to get back into shape and lose the baby weight and since I have a limited list of exercises with my broken tailbone this is the extent usually to what we do int the mornings.

4 comments:

Julie said...

those are great pictures! And you broke your tailbone? I am so sorry about that...that is horrible. Joel is already getting so big! Cannot wait to meet him! How far are you from Cox high school...that is basically where my dad lives. I want to hang out a lot...if you want to :)

Aunt Angela said...

Did you also watch UVA get beat by William and Mary? Classic! Sorry Regis! ;)

<3

Angela

Uncle Re-Re said...

So great to be with you all this weekend, Goedeckes! Thanks for the great memories. I miss ya'll already. Much love.

P.S. Aunt Angela, I didn't get to see the UVA game, but I did see another Virginia team lose on Saturday night ;-)

Aunt Angela said...

Oh Uncle Re-Re....you make me laugh! :)

Wish I could have bene there!

Angela