Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, September 28, 2009

Mess

Tonight as I was getting ready for bed I passed a pile of Lincoln Logs in my room under the cradle from "sally's house" that we were building this afternoon. They ended up in my room from the garbage truck who hauled it away after the wind knocked it down. I guess underneath the cradle was colin's new landfill.

A Lego girl is on my sink in the bathroom carefully placed so Mommy would have company while in the bathroom.

A pile of books are in Colin's bathroom for his "potty reading"

The dinning room table is the big fire station where every firetruck, fire man, and anything else designated as a fire rescue vehicle is carefully placed underneath each night.

A pile of clothes are in the corner of Colin's room because he proudly gets dressed every morning before he comes out of his room. He also gets undressed himself before bath and then gets his pjs on all by "me self!" He deposits the used clothes in the pile and is very proud of the system he has for his clothes. I am very amused some mornings by his choice of clothes and especially love the shorts that are worn backwards.

Under a stool in the hallway is a pile of bandaid wrappers (not used bandaids thank goodness). Colin would get his bandaids for his stitches ready and wanted to put them in his landfill (this was the previous landfill for all the legos and lincoln logs) He is very proud of his landfill at the moment.

My house might not be the cleanest and yes these piles that Colin makes do drive me crazy sometimes. But there is going to come a day when my boys will not be living at home and unfortunately that day will come much too soon. And then my house will be spotless and I will wish there was a lego girl greeting me from the bathroom sink every morning. So for now I will go to bed smiling at the landfill in my room and wait until morning when Sallys house will be built again. This time hopefully able to withstand hurricane winds.

3 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

That is so true. Enjoy the time you have when your kids are... kids. It doesn't last long. Its easy for me to look forward to my kids getting older and the fun things we'll do, but these years are so innocent and joyful.

k.oldt said...

This is so cute! I have to take your advice because it is so true!

Julie said...

i loved everything about this post and his imagination. Seriously... wonderful. And I wish Zach was more this way...his love language is cleanliness...and that makes it hard when you are little...our house is usually all put away after we play with things....