Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Last night after dinner Brent gave Colin a quick bath and right before I went in to read stories and put him to bed the phone rang. So as I'm answering it Colin tells Brent he was tired and wanted to go to bed. 5 minutes later when I got off the phone we looked into Colin's room and this is what we saw. Amazing and I went to bed thinking how nice it would be every night to have this happen. Although I was a little sad because I love our bedtime routine. Just means he's growing up I thought. THEN around 4:00am after I fed Joel (who was up every few hours last night) I heard coughing from Colin's room. And for a mom that could only mean one thing. I ran in just as he threw up all over his bed. Poor kid. He had no clue what was going on. And he didn't want to go back to sleep so he stayed up with me. He did find out we have TWO blankies because I thought Brent had put his blankie with the sheets in the wash so I got out his "secret one" that we rotate for reasons like last night. So they are now both in his bed. Oh well! Colin is feeling much better and it will be hard keeping him quiet today since he wanted to jump and run around later this morning. And keeping him from Joel is hard. This is the conversation we had later.

but mommy my tummy feels all better
Yes but you still can't kiss Joel
But mommy he wants his big brother to kiss him
You can kiss him tomorrow if you haven't thrown up anymore
But I HAVE to kiss him
NO not today
But he be so sad if me not kiss him today
(and this went on an on)

Then later he came up to me with a sly look on my face when I got out of the shower. "mommy me kiss Joel on the CHEEK and he smiled!" Poor Joel. He feels great today. Lets hope tomorrow he still feels great.
We have had a great weekend. Brents dad aka Pops came in to visit and here are all the boys. Lately Colin doesn't like to smile or pose for pictures. We've watched a lot of football and Pops tried to show Colin how to throw a spiral. Brent has scared Joel with his yelling during football games. When we were first married we lived in the basement of some very wonderful people. Brent would set off the alarm EVERY game. I think Kaisha learned to turn off the alarm during Redskins games.At the moment the Redskins are playing and I have Joel. Brent is getting into the game so Joel and I are staying in the other room. haha

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

oh feel better colin!

Julie said...

glad Colin is feeling better and that is so funny about Brent setting off the alarm. I love how Colin wanted and did kiss Joel... so cute!