Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hokie weekend



This past weekend we went to Blacksburg for the Virginia Tech football game. Blacksburg really is one of the most wonderful places on earth and I think I've finally convinced Brent of that fact since as we were driving out of bburg he said "this really would be a fun place to live one day." So there still is hope! We went to my grandparents farm on friday night and then drove to blacksburg Saturday. Colin has always loved going to Hokie games. He was even more excited when he learned we were playing the green team which he called Hogs. I have no idea where he got the hogs but Thundering Herd/Hogs.... same thing maybe :) So Colin cheered for Marshall for a while but then towards the end started cheering for the Hokies. And in classic fashion Colin slept during the first half. Colin told me he wants to go back there next weekend and go to another Hokie game. Colin also got a new hokie hat. Its green camo and he looks so much older in it. Joel did great. He does not like being in the car seat but he didnt' do too bad during the trip and just kept looking at me like "where did you bring me now" He slept through the first quarter and then woke up and watched the rest of the game. He just studied everything. When I asked him at the end if he enjoyed the game, Joel just kept smiling and cooing. I think thats a good sign. My boys did great during the game and we won too which is always fun. I brought my donut to sit on and it was a little strange blowing it up but hopefully my tailbone will start to get better. I had to leave during the 3rd quarter because it was getting rather uncomfortable to sit on. It was fun to slowly walk back to the car around campus. So many memories. Especially walking from AJ to Miles... It was a great weekend. Perfect weather and a great way to start the fall season. And these pictures are thanks to Regis. Last weekend our camera got sand it in and wouldnt work so Regis gave us his camera. Such a blessing since I take pictures every day of the boys. Telling Grandma "Go Hokies" in baby coosPlaying football during our tailgate.
My cousin William is carrying on the tradition and is a freshmen at Tech this year.
Colin was NOT happy to take this picture. He wanted to watch the game. Can't blame him
Hokie baby
Talking and smiling during the gameJoel was all smiles for me in the car after the game
Sunday morning my dad took Colin on a bear hunt around the farm. Good thing they didnt find any!

No comments: