Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday

Today my mom came over to watch Joel while the rest of us had dentist appointments.  Colin has been very adamant all week about not letting the dentist near him and wanted to stay home with ma-ma-maa but he came and then when he was about to give the dentist a strong "get away from me" look he quietly asked "do you have any green toothpaste?" And he did! After that he let the dentist do anything he wanted in his mouth.  Even the yucky fluoride part. I'm so glad. I was afraid it would be years before we got Colin's teeth cleaned.
When Brent came home we walked down to the "yucky pond" as Colin says and fed the ducks.  Brent and Colin found some baby turtles to play with.
Then to celebrate Colin going to the dentist AND a $1500 refund I got from the doctors (still not sure how that happened but always nice to be refunded money than have to pay it. It'll just go towards next year's medical bills) we went to Jason's Deli for dinner and walked around the mall so I could get new running shoes.
 Joel loved finishing my icecream cone
And for some reason in the middle of the mall was a man with bugs. Colin loves bugs so we went to look.  And Colin got to hold a hissing cockroach. These pictures still gives me the shivers.  And these cockroach pictures are a little blurry since I wasn't getting any closer to those things.  And its true - they do hiss.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

total eeew on the hissing cockroach...

Julie said...

oh my goodness that is so gross... they are almost the size of the ones here in our flat sometimes YUCK...

Eli said "oh my goodness Colin needs to be careful,can we play with Colin?"

Yah about the refund!!!

k.oldt said...

what a brave little boy, seeing the dentist and holding huge bugs all in one day!!!!

Nystral Djo said...

i definitely can not show lily your blog today - she would FREAK OUT if she saw bugs crawling up his arm!!!!