Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gardening

The garden is in.
This summer we're making the boys work for their food!  Ha.  They love it. I have to be careful to watch Joel around the plants since he wants to do everything Colin is doing. So far we have snow peas, about 8 sunflowers, tons of tomatoes and cucumbers and a squash.  We want to plant some more but this is what's in the way now:
Its also a big construction site with all of Colin's trucks.  It is slowly getting phased out as we plant new plants but it has kept the boys busy these past few weeks.  Last week the boys and I uncovered a huge ant colony and watched hundreds of ants move all over the garden. Colin is a huge animal activist already (in face he is convinced the animals at the zoo will go back to the wild after the vets make them better) So i couldn't kill the ants but we did move about 30 ant eggs to the yard to be conveniently stepped on by me without Colin looking.  Joel tried to touch the ants and possibly eat them.  I'll spare you the pictures this time :)
 Lets hope its a great summer for the garden. I can't wait for the cukes and tomatoes to come in.

2 comments:

Julie said...

that is so awesome. I want to have a garden...I am thinking about it for our backyard! We will see.... I love your garden...

k.oldt said...

looks like so much fun but i am sure it is a lot of work, your yard looks awesome too!