Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, April 10, 2010

For Leah and Julie :)

Dont zoom in too close :) I ran out of thread for my sewing machine and Colin was too excited to see it finished so I hand sewed the bottom on really fast.  But Colin loved it so thats all that mattered.  I learned a lot. This is just regular felt ($0.20 a sheet at the store)  that I doubled with the green and yellow to make it more sturdy but I think next time I'll use that stiffer felt and just use one sheet.  Still need to work on how to do the bottom a better way.  Any ideas?  I added the bottom last but there must be a better and easier way.  Good thing I have another year to perfect it! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE IT... you did a great job. What a rock star mom you are. Seriously...awesome. Colin and Joel are so blessed to have you as their mommy!

Bringing Up Boys said...

To adorable! I wonder if you put some thick plastic (like the kind they put in the bottom of the recyclable grocery bags) between the two pieces of felt on the bottom and sides...if that would make it sturdier for you. None they less they look AMAZING! Seriously :).