Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, March 17, 2011

perspective

Today while I played with my boys, my sister in Japan was packing up all her stuff because she has to evacuate. Without my brother. He has to stay there for now.  I'm not sure of many details.  I basically read the news, check Angela's facebook and twitter to make sure they are ok and find out the real news. And then call my mom to see what she has heard.  I can't imagine what they are going through. The lack of food, water, aftershocks, even just all of what James when through on the train.  But for the moment I know they are safe.  James was supposed to be on the train that went missing but because of a meeting that went late he took a different train.  God protected him through all that and more.  But it has made me look at life a little different this week.  To really see what matters.  Not the stuff in our life but the people.  Stuff can easily be replaced.  I'm not sure when Angela will be able to return to Japan or see James.  I'm praying they don't have to be apart for very long. I'm excited to be able to see her but really wish it was under different circumstances. Please keep praying for them and for all of Japan. It is far from over. 



So I'm enjoying moments like this. When the boys see Daddy's truck outside and wait until Daddy walks in the door and then fling themselves into his arms. They are just bursting with excitement watching Daddy walk up the driveway.  Because this is what life is all about.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Amen! Praying for your brother... tried calling yesterday.. I will keep trying, love you friend!

k.oldt said...

love this abigail