Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flowers

Today I took Colin grocery shopping.  He was a huge help and when I got near the donut selection I was just waiting for him to ask for his donut (his treat usually. I try to make it so its at the end of the shopping)  But today instead of a donut he saw the flowers and he got so excited. "mommy I'm going to get you a surprise. Its going to be soooo beautiful.  Just like you."  And he went over to pick some flowers for me.  Of course I'm not going to say no :)  And I had to talk him out of the most expensive arrangement.  "But mommy you are so beautiful  I want the best for you and these are the most beautiful and the best."  After that I almost put that expensive arrangement in my cart!  But he settled on one bouquet and proudly put it in his little shopping cart.  Kroger has the kids carts which are fun.  And then he went over to the self check out and scanned his cart and was very careful with his flowers.  The whole time with the most precious smile on his face and he kept telling me I was even more beautiful than the beautiful flowers he got me.  It was hard not to tear up but I didn't want him to think I was sad and instead I told him how special he made me feel and how much I love my flowers.  I love being a mom to boys. 

2 comments:

sarah said...

How sweet!

k.oldt said...

He is such a cutie pie