Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan

***UPDATE***
JAMES IS HOME NOW. 
I don't know much more than that but he is home with Angela.

We don't usually watch the news around here.  The most I read is whatever is on the yahoo homepage.  Playhouse Disney and Sprout always make the TV watching list. By the time the kids are in bed I'm usually headed to bed myself. But today we've been watching the news since my brother and sisterinlaw are living in Japan.  According to my mom Angela was driving when the earthquake happened and my brother was on a train.  He's still stuck on the train. This is what Angela said on facebook:
Please continue to pray for James. He is still stuck on a train in Northern Japan. It looks like he will be there at least through the night (It's 9:20 pm right now.) He said it is pitch black, freezing, and they are still getting heavy aftershocks. He is in a nuclear powered area, which creates more problems. He turned his phone off so that he had enough power to call me in the morning.
So please be praying for my brother and sister in law and everyone else over there.  I think his train is stopped partway on a bridge.  Colin keeps asking to watch the BBC so he can get a glimpse of Uncle Opie. (I told that to my grandpa and he said he was doing the same thing)  After praying for James and Angela this morning Colin said that the people on the train were safe because his Uncle Opie was with them.

If you want to read about their Japanese adventures:  http://wanderinghokies.com/

* he is now safely off the train and in a shelter with food and water.  Thanks for your prayers

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've been praying... Any updates?

Natalie said...

Oh wow- I had no idea you were dealing with all of this last night at the dinner! I'm glad your brother is home. Hopefully you're breathing a sigh of relief and can relax. Praying that everything continues to be ok for him!