Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend with Colin

On Monday my parents told me there were extra tickets for the football game this weekend. Brent drives a lot for work and didn't want to go but I did and asked Colin and he reallywanted to go. Joel didn't. In fact one night this week (I think either Wednesday or Thursday) Joel walked into my room at 3am and tapped me on the arm. He usually just climbs in bed with us so that was new. "Psssst mommy....mommy....(what Joel?)....please don't take me with you to the Hokies game. (Big sigh from Joel) I don't want to go. I want to stay here!" (Ok I won't take you) and then he happily turned around and went back to sleep in his own bed which is unusual in itself. 

So I didn't take Joel! 

I woke Colin up at 5am and we were in Blacksburg by 10 to meet mom and dad and head to the game.  We made great timing
It was a beautiful fall day, perfect for watching football. 
Colin is fun to sit with at a game. 

He kept telling me how much he was enjoying it and how much fun he was having. He had me, Ma-ma-maa and Grandpa all to himself all weekend!
I love this boy!

We won. It wasn't the most exciting game to watch but there really is no better way to spend a Saturday than in Lane Stadium! (At least in my opinion) 

After the game we walked around campus, went to dinner, then stayed the night in christiansburg. 
He really will be taller than me one day. And in 9 short years will be going off to college 😥

 it was so much fun getting to spend time with just Colin. He is such a great kid. 

We just got home and Joel greeted me with "mommy you missed all the fun this weekend!" So looks like it was a great weekend for all of us. 

No comments: