Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Germs (according to Joel)

Every day after we walk in from the bus stop I make Joel and Norah wash and sanitize their hands.  Last week Joel told me on the walk back that they watched a movie on germs and how to wash their hands.  Good for the school I thought since we are close to cold and flu season,   But then I asked him to go wash his hands and he looked at me and said "germs aren't real mom, that was just a movie!" 

But it turns out he did get germs and Sunday around 3pm crawled into bed and fell asleep.  Unheard of for him.  He ran a high fever all night and slept until morning with some moments of waking up laughing a delirious, hysterical laugh.  He woke up Monday without a fever but I kept him home from school to keep an eye on him.  Today he asked if it was a school day and I told him yes it was. He responded by fake coughing and telling me his fever might come back. Ha! Nice try kid.  But he was first one walking to the bus this morning.  As much as he asks for snow days or now sick days he does happily go most mornings.  

Joel's always made me laugh but 5 year old Joel just might be my favorite so far. 

No comments: