Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dead dies

I asked Norah yesterday what she wanted to do and she said go to the store and look at necklaces. Which she calls "dead dies" and it's too cute not to correct. But if you ask her where her dead dies are she looks confused. I think in her mind she is saying necklace. 

She went through a few weeks of pointing out every earring, bracelet and necklace women were wearing in the store when we ran errands. She still does it sometimes. But she would point at the woman and loudly yell "DEAD DIES!!!!" I got some not so nice looks from the woman being pointed at which made the whole thing even funnier to me. 

Sadly she's broken a lot of my dead dies but always pats my back and says "eeess ok mommy". I told her it's not ok but she corrects me "no no eeeess ok!" And I have to constantly tell her my necklaces are sleeping and we can't wake them up. She climbed up on a stool and grabbed my earring box which I then found outside....empty. I've managed to find most of them but wasn't too happy with her. 

The price I have to pay for a very girly girl who loves all things sparkly and shiny and especially loves her dead dies. 


1 comment:

Nystral Djo said...

Elliot similarly tells people about their early demise. Instead of saying BYE, he very loudly and very happily yells, DIE! DIE!!!! We think it's hysterical =)