Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

School begins

 They are off.  Both rode the bus today so I'm a little nervous since i didnt actually take Joel to his class.  Colin was going to walk him to his class.  Joel wanted to ride the bus with Colin. And i'm hoping he goes into his class. Sometimes he refuses to go into sunday school and nothing we can do will get him into class so I'm anxious to know if he walked right in or not.  Thankfully Joel comes home in 3 hours and then 3 hours after that Colin comes home so I can spend time with each of them hearing about their days. 
 I've been so nervous for Joel.  It helped that we were at the farm and blacksburg this weekend so I didnt think about school too much and then yesterday we took the kids to the beach in the morning and then the pool for the rest of the afternoon.  (The pool has been super cold the past few weeks but go figure it gets hot again and the water temperature was perfect yesterday - the last day)

I didnt sleep at all last night and got up early and did a workout video and then was so nervous I went for a few mile run praying the whole time for my boys.  Joel woke up and came running into the bathroom while I was taking a shower and yelled "i'm so excited for school!" and I felt much better.  Its hard to send them to school but kindergarten is even harder since they've never done preschool and its the end of an era of them being home each and every day all day with me.  Sad to see it end but I'm very excited for all he's going to learn and I think it'll be so good for him. 
 It also helped I think that Norah was crying this morning about her wanting to go to school and Joel telling her she had a few more years before she would be going to school! 
 He was so excited. I hope today is a great day. The first week is a lot of learing rules (and Joel repeatedly tells me he doesnt like rules and why do we always have so much rules....so hoping this week the fun outweighs all the learning about rules)
I'm not too worried about Colin.  He loves school and thrives there.  I do hope his teacher is the right fit but I'm excited about the kids who are in his class and hope and pray he has a wonderful year and keeps thriving. 

No comments: