Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, September 08, 2014

one week down

Five days down.... only 178 more days to go! 



School has gone better than I thought.  Colin loves it.  He's already had a ton of homework so far but he loves his class and he just enjoys school.   On Friday we walked to the bus stop and I remember that I had completely forgotten to make his lunch.  Brent was with us so he ran back (a slow run... all the kids were yelling for him to run faster! ha) I thought he was going to just grab some lunch money but he came back with a lunch. The bus came right then so as we were walking home I asked what he had packed so quick.  Well an applesauce baby pouch that norah likes and colin wont eat since its "baby", peanut butter crackers, an apple, and a container of mini oreo cookies. But the thing about the oreo cookies is that Norah loves to open the oreos, lick the cream and then stick it back together and had been busy with the mini oreos the other day while I was cleaning so I just put it on the counter and that's what ended up in Colin's lunch  - a container of licked mini oreos.  poor colin. 

Then today right when school got out it started down pouring hard.  Brent had gotten home early and went to meet Colin at the bus stop in his car.  The bus goes by and I get a panicked call from Brent saying Colin hadn't gotten off the bus.  Brent was in a panic but just then the principal called and said Colin was in the office with her nice and dry.  He had missed the bus.  So Brent went to get him. 


Joel has already asked for a snow day and this morning I had to physically lead him to the bus (it was raining to the kids were in the car at the bus stop and he refused to get out of the car... on a rainy Monday morning I don't blame him either for wanting to go back to bed)  but other than that he seems to love it.  He comes off the bus with a sparkle in his eyes and each day, after worrying the whole time how he was doing, seeing him walking home so happy and telling me about his day I know he will be fine.  He sings the songs he learns and has come home with all green stars so far.  He does think school has way too many rules and why do they have the rule you can't talk when the teacher is talking?  and why do they have to bubble their mouths (hold air so they cant talk) in the hall ways.  He's full of so school details I need to start writing them down that are only Joel observations but it makes me laugh.  He already seems so much more grown up.  I am dreading the day he starts having homework because if he's not motivated there is no amount of bribery I can do to make him do it.  And he wont care so I'm hoping he'll be excited to get it.  No need to worry about peer pressure with this kid.  He hasn't had art, pe, library, or music yet and I just know he'll love the art class and library so I can't wait for those to begin for him. 

I miss my boys and will always worry about them and wonder how their days are going. Sometimes I think the Lord has us send them to school so I can learn to trust God with my kids and not be the one always in control of them.  But they are doing well and learning a lot and exactly where they need to be. But I'm already looking forward to November when we have a lot of random days off of school! 

No comments: