Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pumpkin Time

 Yesterday we welcomed October in with a trip to Bergey's Breadbasket and did their corn maze, soybean maze, hayride, corn shooter, and saw the farm animals.  We went with our community group and it was a great morning/afternoon with friends and lots of fun. 
 Becca is in Joel's class at school and its great hearing from Becca about her day so we can compare. I have learned more about what goes on in school this year than in Colin's past years. 
 We did a corn maze.  I've always wanted to do one.  We actually tried to do this one last year but a few days before we went it got blown down in a really bad storm. It started raining friday night and I was worried it would blow down again but it was fine.  And we learned how they make the mazes.  They have this automatic tractor set to this gps of whatever design you want then it just automatically knows where to cut.  Pretty cool.  The maze would've been more fun I think at night.  The kids all ran through it fast and then before we got to a dead end would loop back and yell "dead end" so everyone could hear so we were in and out quicker than we thought!
 Some of our group. 



 Tractor races.  We all ate lunch at Bergey's and then everyone left.
 But we stopped next door at the pumpkin patch and let the kids go out into the field and pick their own pumpkins.
 She will stand and say "cheese" always with her eyes closed. 





 I really wanted one of these big white pumpkins.  I did come home with a smaller white one which Joel has now claimed as his and wants to turn it into a ghost jackolantern. 
Norah wanted a baby one and they let us have it for free. She has hugged and kissed this thing ever since.   Sometimes I see that and think she'd make a great big sister one day.  But then yesterday I tried to hold a friends 6 month old and did for about .04 seconds before Norah noticed and ran over yelling and screaming and demanding me to give the baby back and I hold Norah!  My friend told Norah that she was making sure that she stayed the baby of the family.  ha! 

Colin then went to a birthday party for the rest of the afternoon and we've had friends staying with us all weekend for a wedding they were in. They brought their dog and Norah claimed the dog as hers and called it "my charlie" all weekend.  It was so good catching up with Bethany and Kristopher.  Bethany and I went for a long run together saturday and got to catch up a lot between their wedding stuff.  We will see them next month when Bethany and I run the Richmond half so that will be fun.  They left early this morning so we are relaxing and all plan on taking naps this afternoon.  Hopefully the kids cooperate for that!

No comments: