Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, October 01, 2012

Solid food

There is this story in my family about how once James left an Oreo cookie on the floor and Mary (who hadn't crawled before that) scooted over to the cookie and ate it. So her first solid food was a cookie.  Well Norah has had her first solid food.  A mini Reece's peanut butter cup. The boys get a "surprise" after school and I hide it in their beds.  Norah hadn't pooped in a few days and when she did she let out a big scream.  I wasn't expecting to pull out a wrapper from her bottom - explains the scream and probably why she isn't into mashed up sweet potatoes. I'd take peanut butter and chocolate over that any day.  What I can't figure out is if she just ate the wrapper or the whole thing.  They are pretty small and she usually has chocolate all over her face from the boys kisses after they get their treats.  Either way she ate some of it.  And apparently loved it. 

She also likes to eat grass and leaves. If I put her on a blanket outside she will work her way over to the edge and grab fistfulls of grass/leaves and stuff them in her mouth.  Silly girl. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Is that the piece of foil you pulled from norahs butt?

Brent and Abigail said...

yep! i did wash it though before i took a picture

Unknown said...

1. That story is probably not quite correct. I remember actually handing the cookie to Mary, but I was 6, so fuzzy memory.

2. Gross. We pull stuff out of AJ's butt all the time but don't take pictures of it...