Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

halloween

Happy Halloween!  My mom let me borrow her pumpkin costume.  And come to think of it I have never seen a picture of my mom in it before... might need to dig one up!  I have to say that my pumpkin costume kept me warm all day. Maybe I need to figure out how to make a snowman one for this cold winter we are supposed to have. 
We didn't end up going to the wiener roast.  It was cancelled due to the rain and the field being really muddy.  So at the last minute Laura and I planned our own wiener roast/party.  Colin was super excited about it so that made me glad that he wasn't feeling like he was missing out on anything. we had gone to his school's trunk or treat last Friday and I don't think he was too impressed other than seeing his friends in their costumes. Joel was a huge help and it was fun getting things ready, decorating, and planning some games.



 Adah was the only one to play this game. The wind kept blowing out the candles.  (It was my favorite games at the fall fest my church would have each year. I mightve been more excited about it than the kids
Sack races were a hit.  Old pillow cases made for some tired kids.  Or really just worked off some of the candy overload they had. 

 Sweet baby girls had fun playing together. 
 And then when Brent came home we roasted some hot dogs.  (See family I'm not against bonfires. Just dont like the ones that explode on us. Although I did make sure they stayed a safe distance away)

When they were leaving Noah asked me if we could do this next year and then later that night Colin told me he wanted to do it every year.  Made me glad that it went so well.  And now to go eat some of the candy while the boys are sleeping.  we've got enough to last until christmas. 





1 comment:

DadG said...

How about one of these fire pits
http://www.campusemporium.com/pat-fire-pit-vt.html#.UJJkGX5dDa4