Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A life well lived

My grandparents loved each other. So much.  I love this picture of them after 62 years of marriage they still looked at each other like that.  One time I went over to visit and my grandma had just had open heart surgery.  Grandpa was so worried about her and she was so worried about him since he had a doctors appointment that next week about a spot on his neck.  They were both trying to take care of the other person.  It was fun to get picures for the funeral and look back over the years. Hard too as I was doing it while trying not to sob through the whole thing.  I had a hard time finding pictures of just my grandpa.  They almost always included my grandma. I hope after 60+ years I'll still look at Brent like that.
I miss him.  I miss him a lot.  But was very blessed to call him Grandpa. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Agreed.