Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, July 23, 2012

Busy Busy week

 We just had one of our busiest weeks this summer. Between swim team and our normal weekly stuff we had our church's arts camp all week from Sunday - Saturday. I was one of the teachers so we had to be there early each night and get stuff ready. So we pretty much ate dinner at 4 every night to get all the way down to Arts Camp in time and then got back and went straight to bed. There were dance, art, and rhythm classes. I  signed Colin up for the Rhythm  class and he loved it.  He got to play some drums and learn a few instruments.  The kids learn/do their art all week and then they have a performance Saturday night night for all the parents/guests. 
 I was in one of the arts and crafts rooms and really loved working with the kids.  It was also so great to get to know some other parents at our church and hang out with them all week.  Joel had a hard time - I think the whole week was a little overwhelming to him.  he wouldn't go in childcare one night so stayed with me in my class but a few nights Brent got home in time for me to leave Norah and Joel with him and he took Joel to the pool. 
 I'm always amazed at how the performance comes together. Its so professionally done and the kids are always amazing. 


Saturday was busy between swim meet and Arts Camp but it was a great day.  Its fun to end with 80 kids singing Jesus Paid it all.  Brent and I taught Sunday School Sunday morning and we were talking about the crosss and I asked the kids why Jesus had to die and they all broke out in the song with the motions.  We had another busy day Sunday with church, a birthday party and then a very long swim team party. Right now Norah is sleeping and the boys are almost passed out watching tv.  I think we'll take it easy the next few days. 




Here is Colin's group preforming Saturday night.  Its a little jumpy because Joel was helping me and trying to watch Bubba through the video camera. 

No comments: