Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, December 07, 2008

sweet moment

It has become part of our bedtime routine lately for me to snuggle with Colin in bed with him for a while after we read, pray and sing songs. He will put his arm around me and snuggle in close. Its my favorite part of the day since he will talk about things and tell me stories about anything and everything. You never know whats going to come out of his mouth. Last night we started bedtime late since we went to watch a Christmas parade (which was really fun and Colin loved it) So I was mainly trying to hurry up and get him to fall asleep since I was tired and half asleep at that point. He got really quiet and I was getting ready to get up and leave when he rolled over, looked at me and said "momma?" "Yes, Colin" "LOVE YOU" (said with the biggest smile on his face) He rolled back over and went to sleep. And I laid there a few minutes more snuggling next to him as he scooted closer to me. What a sweet boy. Not so sweet when he was up at 2:30am am and also 3:00.... but still a sweet moment none the less.

2 comments:

Bringing Up Boys said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

my favorite conversation with Colin was last night when he told me how he pooped in the bathtub.