Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Colin has loved helping put our Christmas decorations up. We have been reading books about Christmas for a while now and he was so excited when we put up our tree. I really wanted a real tree this year but with this pregnancy I couldn't stomach the smell so we put up our trusty fake one that still works. Next year we'll get a real one. I don't want Colin to grow up thinking you move the branches into place :) But it looks real nice and Colin goes in and just stands by it. His ornaments are on the bottom and he likes to rearrange the tree each day. He also loves playing with my nativity set. We've already lost one shepherd as I heard an "uh - oh" and somehow baby Jesus was involved in it according to Colin. But I'm sure after I super glue it he'll be ok. He also loved putting his ornaments on the felt tree James and Angela got him when he was a baby. Its really cute and comes with little books about baby Jesus and the Christmas story. He likes reading them each night. This morning we went to our friends house and made christmas cookies. Colin loved it and I think ate more than he made. I love this picture of him stuffing dough in his mouth. He and Noah play really well together. No-no is what Colin calls his friend. Noah has a little sister but I didnt get a good picture of all of three of them looking at the camera. She is so cute and follows after the boys a lot. They have become great friends, unfortunately they are moving the beginning of January and we will miss them a lot. I'm really going to miss them a lot too. Laura has become such a great friend. Just another reason to road trip one weekend and go visiting! In baby news, I'm starting to feel a little better. I don't feel as sick for a few hours in the morning so thats good. The afternoons and evenings are still really bad but hopefully it'll be over after Christmas. Thats how long it lasted for Colin. Brent's somehow convinced this baby is a girl since I'm so sick - not sure how he gets that but we'll find out in a few weeks I guess. When you tell Colin he's going to be a big brother he smiles and goes "no - momma's the brother." The other night we were at my grandparents and Colin and I were snuggling in his bed (he's such a cuddler - i hope this next one is too) But he was kicking his legs and I said don't' kick momma's tummy and he looked at me and said "baby - momma's tummy" So I said yes, you're right. And he got silly and went "baby pink, blue, green, brown, purple" He thought he made a funny joke but I guess telling him theres a baby in my tummy is as much a joke to him right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin, my favorite part is also the cookie dough also. Its better then the cooked cookies.

Bringing Up Boys said...

Did you know there is a Little People nativity set out there you can buy... that way Colin can play with it and you don't have to keep the crazy glue close at hand ;). Here is the link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2327358