Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

School

I had a parent teacher conference with Colin's teacher last week and she was full of praise over our sweet boy. (and I think we bonded over the fact that I told her I cried for weeks about sending Colin to school and she just sent her firstborn off to college - VT - another reason to like her!)  From someone who could barely write his name in September (not for lack of mommy trying to teach him all summer) to now writing in his journal and drawing pictures of his weekend - I was greatly impressed.  His teacher is wonderful too. You can tell she clearly adores him.  And his teachers assistant does too.  Colin has matured so much this year.  Its a little sad but also so fun to see him getting older and entering this next stage.  He is still full of hugs and kisses and loves to snuggle a lot when he comes home each day.  Joel and I went to his thanksgiving feast and got to see Colin interact with the class and his teacher and he just beamed the whole time.  He loves school and learning.  Colin still wants me to walk him into school each morning and its been good for me to get to know all the teachers in his school.  I volunteer once a week but each morning we walk down the hall and you can't miss a big pregnant woman trying to keep up with her son.   They all know me by now.  I've actually looked for reasons not to send him to this school next year but can't find any so far.  Its a wonderful school.  He's where he should be.  And I'm glad. 

No comments: