Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joel

Joel

I think every family needs a boy like Joel.  He is extremely affectionate - loves to smother us with hugs, and kisses.  Loves to rub our ears (still weird but cute that he does that)  Will lovingly give Bubba a hug after school on the walk home and say "i wuv you bubba.  have good day at skool?"  He is the sweetest boy who loves to help my around the house, always wants to be doing the same thing.  Loves to say thank you and your welcome.  Will sit and eat salad all day if I let him.  Is so mischievous that its sometimes hard to believe its the same boy.  He laughs at discipline.  Spankings don't bother him - in fact after he got a spanking the other day he laughed and told me "i do it again mommy"  We've tried every method and are still figuring out how to discipline our sweet boy. You have to keep an eye on him.  When its quiet he is either in his room reading his books or having a splash fest in the toilet or sink  :)   He is very insistent on what clothes he wants to wear in the morning. Down to his socks.

Its been fun for me to have my mornings with just Joel. To be able to really focus on him and spend time with my boy.  I'm really treasuring this time I have with just him before our little girl gets here.  He is hilarious and loves to say things that he knows makes you laugh.  He's definitely our clown around here.  His favorite thing right now is just saying "poopie pie" at random times and then will die laughing.  He loves to bring toys and put them on my stomach for "mommys baby"  to play with.  He's a daddy's boy - will call for daddy at night and only want daddy to get up with him early in the morning.  As much as Brent hates getting up before dawn I think he loves the snuggle time with Joel every morning.  He always ends up in our bed each night. Most nights I don't notice until I feel a little hand rubbing my ear and little feet pushed up against my back. 

He's an old two year old to us.  I think it comes with him wanting to do everything Bubba does, but Joel can name every star wars character - how he makes R2D2 noise is just so cute.  I need to record that.  He doesn't play with age appropriate toys.  Only wants what Bubba is play with and loves to have battles with Bubba and play dead.  Their death scenes are getting very dramatic.  I'm hoping this baby girl doesn't feel the need to keep up with her brothers and will stay baby for me just a little longer. 

Ah Joel - we love you kiddo. You make each day interesting and full of fun. 

No comments: