Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas secrets

Its been fun seeing the boys get excited about giving gifts this year. Last weekend we went to Colins Christmas breakfast with Santa at his school.  While I was volunteering with the craft table Colin went to their Holiday Gift Shop and picked out some presents for me, Brent and Joel.  He came home and locked himself in my room and quickly wrapped up the gifts.  He is so excited to give me my present. I hear every day "mommy can't I just give you an early Christmas present? Please?  You are going to LOVE it so much you will cry."  Its almost killing him to have to keep it a secret.  The other day I heard him tell Joel to come into the bathroom with him so he could whisper what he got mommy to Joel.  He had to tell someone or he would burst I think.  Another day he had to run into his room and tell his stuffed animals or he would ruin the surprise and tell me.  Tonight he had to tell Ant Ant on the phone because he just can't hold it any longer.  I've been impressed he's been able to keep it a secret so long.  And I feel so loved already by this gift.  I think I really will cry when I open it.  I've promised Colin it can be the first gift we open on Christmas day.


Joel on the other hand doesn't understand keeping it a secret.  After shopping with Daddy he came in and proudly told me "mommy I buy you bumblebee sock for Christmas!"  haha

But I love that Colin has almost forgotten that he will recieve gifts this christmas and instead is so excited about the gifts he will give to us. 

I remember shopping at our schools Holiday Gift Shop and carefully selecting the gifts with my money.  I couldn't wait to give them on Christmas.  One year Mary was so excited about the gift she got me - a bright neon yellow headband that was probably more for her - (I was in middle school, maybe even high school - when she was in elementary school) but I still remember that Christmas and opening that gift and the look on her face when I put it on.  

1 comment:

sarah said...

you will cry. it's sweet. I teared up a little hearing what it is and how excited he is to give it to you.