Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Play-doh

This past weekend Brent took Colin to a GMU/William and Mary basketball game so I brought out the Play-doh for Joel.  I don't think he had played it before and after watching him wander the house looking for his Bubba I thought a 'new' toy would make him forget that Bubba wasn't there.  I was right.  He has been playing Play-doh non stop since them. Yesterday I think he sat and played with it for 4 hours over the course of the day. He loves it.  In fact he's sitting there now playing with it. 
 He only tried to lick it once but then hasn't since then.Maybe he's starting to turn a corner in that area :)  And he's starting to imagine with it.  Last night while I was making dinner I heard him take one piece  and say "momma" and then another piece was "baby" and the momma had to find the baby.  Its fun to see his little imagination at work.
We just leave it on the table for most of the day now and he'll go up and sit there and play as long as I let him.

No comments: