Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is...

Happy Valentines Day

Here are some more thoughts on LOVE from Colin. He made me write them all down and then I had to read it back to him so he could make sure I got everything.  

1 Corinthians 13:4-9
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Patient:  "patient is another word for wait. When you stand in line you are patient when you wait"

Kind: "well kind is a possom-ability. love is doing nice and even sharing with all your friends. But if you dont share friends dont share but if you do share they will share with you." (haha i love his possom-ability) 

Envy:  "well I can tell you examples of not envy but a little like envy. Like - well I want buzz light-year but friends have it and you can check it out at their house and you can see what it does and then you can get even cooler toys than they have."

Proud: "here is one example of proud because if one guy is angry at you then you say your sorry and then tell him that you are both great."

Self-seeking: "If I wanted to go to a playground that Joel can't do I will help him do it the whole way."

Love always protects: "When you make sure Joel doesn't go the wrong way into the street. I try to catch him."

It was fun memorizing this.  The other day Colin randomly started spouting "love is self-seeking" when were in public.  haha he forgot to add the NOT in there but he was really excited to memorize it.  He had great answers too.  It has really helped too when he gets frustrated or annoyed with us or Joel to talk about how he can show love and I've seen a big difference.  Now we need to pick another passage to memorize. Maybe honor your father and mother :)
 We have had a great Valentines day.  The weather was perfect. Colin was so excited all weekend about a surprise they had for me and then moaned all day Sunday "why is it so hard to keep a secret?"  I was sure he would crack under the pressure but he held strong.  I was surprised with a picture the boys drew and also a ring.  Sometimes it pays to be gone the Saturday before Valentines day :)  (I took a CPR class at my church)
We enjoyed some fun friends coming over to play today. The poor kids have had two weeks of not seeing each other and were going crazy - they were sick one week - we got the stomach thing last week.  And a lunch of mainly cupcakes can make any day seem extra special.  Joel loves his e-nat.  He has named Nathan e-nat and always tells me "e-nats house? shoes? hat?"  and will go get those and stand at the door until mommy takes him to e-nats house. 

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

so cute, looked like a beautiful day

Aunt Angela said...

Ha! Love is self-seeking..... :D