Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, February 20, 2011

61 days

We just got back from a weekend at the farm.  Or as Colin thinks, we are just back to grab his legos and take them back to the farm where we will stay for 61 days.  Thats how long Colin wanted to stay at the farm. We've been planning this weekend since Christmas when we got my dad basketball tickets for the whole family for Christmas. Sarah and I also celebrated our birthday which is tomorrow.   A pretty good gift I think all around :)  On Friday I went up to Ikea with my mom and Sarah and Brent and my dad had the boys at the farm.  They all had fun tromping through the woods and playing in the creek. Joel did a face plant in the water and the spent the weekend telling me "shoes wet"  (good thing I brought extra shoes) Colin and my dad made a boat to float down the creek out of wood.  I think - Colin is excited about some boat he keeps talking about.  We went to the VT/UVA basketball game on Saturday and had a great time - even though the Hokies lost.  Colin was really upset at the end when he realized the Hokies didn't have the most points.  And then he found out they had stopped selling ice cream so he was really upset after that.  What stadium does that?  Apparently UVA :) 

 







 It was a beautiful weekend and a fun relaxing time at the farm.  A little boys dream to just tromp through the woods, peak into the old chicken coop, and pick your path and adventures.  A lot of work is needed at the farm.  Maybe next time we will stay for 61 days - or at least it will seem like it to my little adventurer.  But knowing him he'll actually count the days and will make sure we do stay for 61 days - if that's still the number in his head.

2 comments:

Uncle Jeff said...

61 Days........until the next blog update!

Brent and Abigail said...

Just for the record... those first couple cute ones of the boys outside were taken by me (Brent). I love that first one of Colin on the swing with Joel lurking in the background