Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, January 31, 2011

What is Love

 (playing a board game can really be stressful at times)


In honor of Valentines day coming up I wanted to teach Colin what love really means.  I'm hoping to go over 1 Corinthians 13 the next few weeks but today at lunch I asked him what he thought Love was.  I wrote them down on our chalkboard which he thought was fun.  Here are his answers:

Love is:
* Mommy (his first response. I teared up. Whenever I'm having a bad day I hope to always remember this)
* Beautiful
*Surprise presents - what you have been looking at for a long time and you get it and open it
*Legos
*Hugs can make people feel love
*Kisses can make people feel love
*Even Hugs AND kisses at the same time can make people feel love
*Saying you love someone can make them feel love
*Legos in Lego Brick magazine.  You finally get whats inside it
*All the Legos in the world at Christmas

I think my son's love language at this point is gifts since I'm seeing a pattern. haha! It makes sense because he really remembers what person gave him every gift he's gotten.  He was serious the whole time about all of these and really thought.  I think its going to be fun learning about Love with my sweet big boy.

 
(and really fun when you win)

*update to our Love series*
Colin has added to his list after we talked about Love is Patient
* its when someone knocks over your creation (what he call his lego building - his creation since he created it) and they say sorry and you just build it back again and dont get mad. (joel has a tendency to go into colin's room and knock over colin's stuff.)


We also asked him where he thought love came from and he was almost shocked and said "God of course." and seemed a little worried that mommy and daddy didn't know.  haha. Colin is really enjoying this and I am too. He asked me to read his list every day. Today we talk about 'love is kind.' I can't wait to hear his answers to this one. 

2 comments:

Uncle Jeff said...

I love playing Trouble. I remember playing it to swim meets when I was little. It is timeless. And I could kick Colin's sweet little butt!

Sarah said...

I'm enjoying this love series as well. Keep updating when you feel better