Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, January 27, 2011

no snow

We aren't enjoying all the snow the rest of VA has gotten this week. And I know why. My parents came a few weeks ago and brought us some real sleds. Guaranteeing it wont snow until the boys are in high school. That and a friend gave us some snow pants for Colin that her son had outgrown.  Since it always works that way :)  Kind of like the year Sarah and I went shopping with my grandma to help her pick out some snow boots.  I don't think she ever wore them - they  may have dry rotted in the box or something like that since we didn't get snow enough for her to wear them for the next several years. But we're ready - even if the weather isn't. And I'm still holding out hope for one more snow storm to come our way.
 But for now we're having fun playing inside doing the normal boy stuff like shooting Nerf guns at each other
Poor Joel only has a Lego fire hose in his hands.  I think he's trying to figure out how to make it shoot.  Dont worry - he is pretty good with the Nerf gun.  He can aim and shoot pretty accurately.  He just needs help cocking the gun and then he's off.  Joel even got smart enough to hide all our Nerf guns.  For two weeks we had no clue where they were.  But now I know where he hides stuff - under the couch cushions.  We're still amazed we sat on the couch and had no idea we were sitting on hard plastic for weeks.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Grandma gave me those boots. I wore them the past 3 winters. They were wonderful! They were over 10 yrs old and last year had a hole in them so I had to toss them and get some new snow boots. My new boots aren't as great as grandma's boots!