Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, January 02, 2011

18 months

My almost 18 month old is always into things. He definitely keeps us on our toes. And he's fast - very fast.  I am reading a book by James Dobson and in it he tells a story where Dobson's dad told him once about his son that if he let that boy get bored he deserved what he did to him.  And I think that fits Joel. If he is bored or unsupervised for a minute he will find something to get into.
Last week I walked into the kitchen and saw him on the counter. And I don't leave that chair right next to the stove.  He pushed it to the counter.  That cookie jar is where we keep the fruit snacks (or nack-nack as Joel says)
Then later that same afternoon I caught him in the dinning room opening our sack from Japan with all the Japanese Candy. Joel is sneaky and quick. He has recently started running to me and crying "boo boo" when Colin wont let him play legos with him. Just to get attention. He also went through a short stage where he would get mad when I went to the bathroom, run into my closet, grab a shirt and go try to stuff it in the other toilet.  My days are anything but boring around here.
But this little guy is also very loving.  He loves to snuggle, hug and kiss anyone - especially other kids his age.  He will climb up on Colin's bed in the morning and just love on his Bubba.  He says please more than any kid I know.  "peas" as it sounds and is so cute.  Colin has been saying all week " Mommy Joel is the best baby ever" and he is.  Joel has an infectious laugh and always has a twinkle in his eye.  I can't imagine life without my little guy,

3 comments:

k.oldt said...

so cute!!!! and Lucy is just the same, RJ never prepared me for this, haha

Julie said...

I LOVE that last picture of you two.. precious! Oh my!!!! I miss you friend, I might just call!

Uncle Jeff said...

He has so much guilt on that face when he is on the counter!