Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big boy picasso


Today we went to the Peninsula Fine Arts Center for some painting fun. And this picture looks a lot like last years painting picture. (click here to see last years picture)  You can see how much Colin has grown. We used the ambassador pass my mom got for us (I've mentioned it before how each january NN gives out these free passes so you can enjoy the museums the city has to offer) We missed the Mariners Museum this year but will be checking out the Virginia Living Museum next week. Colin enjoyed the painting and this year painted 3 airport pictures. And they dried this time before we left so we were able to bring them home (not like last year) Both Joel and Colin liked the light table.  Brent works in Newport News on Tuesdays so after a quick stop at Bead Retreat to pick up supplies for this week we met Brent for lunch at Panera.  All day Colin had been acting fussy and grumpy so we quickly came home and then after talking to my grandma figured out that Colin has some molars coming in.  Great.  Now I have a baby who has yet another tooth coming in and a 3 year old with molars coming.  We're never going to sleep!


The weather was so beautiful we played with trucks outside when we got home and then when a meltdown started I told Colin it was time to come in and rest.  He told me he wanted some alone time so he had it (mommy needed some alone time too) Then we were playing in his tent later and Bambi (his stuffed animal) asked him about why he needed alone time and Colin replied "Me needed alone time because mommy said bad things to me that made my heart sad."  So Bambi (ahem... me...) asked him what bad things did mommy say and Colin said "that I needed to have a better attitude and to stop crying or we can't go on a bike ride"

No comments: