Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random facts from the week

the past few days joel has discovered he can crawl into the bathrooms.  he goes straight for the trashcan and likes to tip it over.  or chew on the bath rug.  gross...

Joel likes to grab my nose and hold it when he's upset or tired. He wont take a pacifier anymore and doesnt have a blankie... he has my nose.

colin's prayer at dinner "thank you Jesus for eyes, eyebrows, and mouthes"


Colin always picks me every dandelion he see and proudly brings it to me. When the kids are older and have moved out I hope to always have dandelions in my yard (Brent might disagree) 

Joel wants whatever Colin is playing with.  And its hard to distract him with another toy. He is very determined.


Joel is becoming very much a mommas boy -always a good thing :) - and wants me to pick him up and snuggle whenever I walk into the room.  He was fuss when I leave the room.  He is perfectly fine in between playing on his own but the minute he sees me or realizes I'm gone he cries. 

Joel is still doing the wounded soldier crawl and is now loving standing.  Its only a matter of time... we're not ready for that yet

Colin has molars coming in. Its very swollen and doesnt look fun. 

 Joel has 3 top teeth coming in. He wakes up every hour at night. We're so ready for these teeth to come in.  Poor kid.

Colin loves to wrestle Joel.  He will wrestle him and roll him all over the floor. For the most part Joel thinks its fun.  Unless he sees a toy he wants and then he complains.


Colin and Joel love to crawl into tents/forts/caves that Colin makes. Just the two of them.  Joel thinks he's such a big boy to be allowed in them. I think Colin just brings him in he can make sure Joel doesn't play with his toys.



One day I sat down to drink my cup of tea that I had reheated 3 times that morning and spilled it all over myself. So I made myself another cup - spilled that too.  Tea is not easy to get out of white carpet. I'm now only allowed to have water in the back room :)  the same day I turned on a burner on the stove. Turned on the wrong one and ended up melting a plastic lid all over the stove.  It was a rough day that day.



I used my $2 patch on my free jogging stroller and got it working. I have convinced the boys maybe 3 times to go in it. Colin usually wants to run too so he can practice for his next race :) But this is how they sit - holding hands the whole time.

No comments: