Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, June 29, 2009

"but they are winning!"

Yesterday around dinner time Colin sat on the couch and we watched as he fell sound asleep within minutes. I just love watching him sleep. He's never crashed like that before but its a good thing he did because after he woke up we got a call from our friends Kelly and Rob that Kelly was in the labor so we went to go stay with their son until her mom could drive down from NJ. Colin was so excited when we told him we were going to RJ's house until I told him RJ's mommy was having her baby tonight. Colin got a little upset and said "Mommy RJ is winning! my baby needs to come first" But once we got there he and RJ had so much fun playing together that he forgot until we put RJ to bed (not until 10:30pm - oops! Both boys were wired) Then I heard how he wants baby joel to come first and asked baby joel why he doesn't want to come out now. Colin stayed up until almost 1:00am and then he fell sound asleep and never woke up even while transferring him to the car and then into our house. He asked me a lot of deep questions that late at night that I wish I could remember now but I was half asleep at the time. We left when Kelly's mom got there and talked the whole way home how we hope I go into labor during the day! Colin slept until after 10am this morning - which was WONDERFUL! I have heard repeatedly numerous times today "mommy you need different doctor to get baby joel out" He wants me to have RJ's mommy's doctor since they got their baby out first. He is so proud that he got to "stay up ALL NIGHT" as he says and wanted to go again to RJ's house and stay up tonight. Colin also asked to see pictures of when he was a baby so I got out all his hospital pictures and we looked at them for an hour today and I had to describe each picture and what happened and how mommy felt and he loved it.He still thinks he is going to be there when the doctor makes a hole to get Joel out so if he's awake when we go to the hospital that might be a problem but he'll forget it as soon as he can come see the baby.

No comments: