Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, June 21, 2009

waiting... waiting.. waiting

There is a song I made up for Colin that we sing when we're waiting in a long line for something to distract him and also teach him patience. When he's getting impatient it helps distract him and makes the waiting go by much faster. Lately I've been singing it a lot to myself as we wait for this baby to make his appearance. Just about everything is ready and now we just wait. And wait. And wait. Its a lot different than waiting for Colin. With Colin I couldn't wait for him to come and for at least 2 weeks I was dilated at 3cm so any minute he could've come. We also had no clue what it would be like so most of my waiting was spent worried about labor and what to do with a newborn. Now labor doesn't scare me as much - although with every day this baby gets bigger and bigger which does worry me a little :) But its also getting harder and harder to move and play with Colin so anytime this baby wants to come would be fine with me! But its mainly what to do with Colin when I go into labor. Brent is also working most days an hour away so I worry when I start to get a few contractions in a row if I should call Brent to come home or will they go away or how late is too late to call people to come watch Colin in the middle of the night. No one likes to be waken at 3am but should I call or just see if it passes. I've been getting more and more contractions every day but they aren't consistent and end up going away after a while. I do not want to have this baby in the car. But we know that God knows exactly when this baby is going to come and he will come when he's ready. Thats part of the exciting part - and also for planners like me the hard part. So we're hoping he comes today but if not the pool is now open every day and its been fun going with our little swimmer. I know once the baby comes I wont be able to take Colin every day so it would be nice to have a few extra days at the pool. But even nicer to have our little baby here. We have also picked a name. I dont think we've put his name on here yet but we've had it since we found out he was a boy. Joel Christian will be his name. (and yes we do watch jon and kate and they have a colin and a joel but we didnt pick the name for that - it seems to be the common question now) Right after Colin was born we said we liked the name joel and if we ever had another boy that would be in the running for his name. After we found out he was a boy, I was running names by Colin one day and he liked Joel and started calling him baby joel since then. Even when we tried to name him other names Colin insisted his name was Joel. So it stuck. Good thing we liked it :) Christian is a family name and also my brothers middle name. Colin's middle name is Wayne (not Big Boy like he thinks) after my grandfather. So there are our boys names and Baby Joel we'd love for you to come out soon.Colin is going to be our little swimmer. He found my swim cap and loves to wear it around the house. We signed him up for swim lessons which will be fun. Its mainly to get to know the other preschoolers in our neighborhood but his mommy is excited he loves to swim so much!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Haha! I'm cracking up at your posts here... Between colin "big boy" and "mama your heiney is so big" what a fun little boy you have over there!!! Can't wait to see picture of baby Joel!! What a great name!! :)

Julie said...

am praying for you and for Joel to come when Brent is home and someone can watch Colin~~~
Enjoy the pool while you can :)

k.oldt said...

You can call us anytime, really. RJ would not mind a 3 am playdate, he would love it! I have to get up to go to the bathroom a million times during the night so I am probably up anyway. :0)

Anonymous said...

I may make that belly shot my desktop background!
Dad

Aunt Angela! said...

I would like to request not this Sat, but next Sat, so we can have two themed bdays! :)