Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, June 01, 2009

Strong Sticks

The past week we have been eating fresh green beans and for Colin to eat them we have named them "strong sticks" telling him that if he eats them they make him really strong. He will eat 15-20 at a time and then show us his muscles right after each one. Now we just have to come up with other names for the foods he doesn't eat to make them more appealing. But tonight Brent asked him "what happens when you eat so many strong sticks that you get stronger than daddy?" To which Colin replied "then me be strong like mommy!" haha poor Brent but very funny.
Our friend Destiny came down last week and spent a few days with us. It was so nice. Colin couldn't get enough of Destiny. She always had to sit next to him and be right there with him. Colin loved having someone to play with and keeps asking when she will come back. But such a help for me to have someone else to entertain Colin and to talk to during the day :) We went down to the beach Friday morning and had a great time relaxing and watching Colin play. Colin's favorite part was when we cooked hotdogs and smores on our firepit. He got to be the fireman and put out the fire. Then on Sunday my wonderful family and friends threw me a baby shower. It was a lot of fun and made having this baby seem more real. Not that I can't feel it every minute of the day but now we're really ready for the baby. Colin thought it was fun and helped open presents and all the toys he claimed as his saying "baby's not here yet" and then today was helping me put them all way and claimed another stuffed giraffe saying "but this one's me buddy" so we'll see. He still has a few weeks until he has to start sharing. The sweetest thing was a book of letters people wrote to the baby and Brent and I have had fun reading through them as I tear up at every one. During the party I think my sister asked Colin what her last name was - he is very interested in people's last names and first names. What mommy's other name is (abigail) and someone asked him what daddy's other name was and at first he said last name but then they said what does mommy call daddy? To which Colin proudly said "pooper scooper or stinkweed!" Which is sadly true...Brent and I have a puppet show for Colin and my puppet has to call brents puppet pooper scooper or stinkweed and my puppet always smells like petunias. I made the same game sort of for my little sister when she was this age and she loved it. Stinkweed is a funny word for toddlers. And poop is always a funny word for kids. Poor Brent. He really should eat more strong sticks. haha but Colin has been going around saying "daddy you're a genius!" Which Brent loves of course.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I tried something like strong sticks with Eli, didn't work. *Sigh* I guess he doesn't care about being strong like mommy :) That is awesome you had a friend come visit...it is so nice to be able to hang out and just have fun together... and what a blessing about the baby shower. So fun. So soon :)

Destiny said...

oh Abby! I had a wonderful time and you know I would definitely come back for some more of those smores and of course, to spend more time with Colin. Thanks so much for having me guys!

Love yas!

Jen said...

haha strong sticks....i remember "little trees" for broccli, and my grandma used to tell me if I ate the crusts on bread my hair would get curly. haha i always wanted curly hair, and hated bread crust (and everyone was tired of cutting them off!) well i ate those crusts, and still eat those crusts, and to this day....my hair is stick straight. darn it. :) oh, and you should never ever eat a watermelon seed because everyone knows one would grow in your tummy!