Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, December 21, 2012

Parade

 Joel's favorite game right now to play is parade.  He made it up.  I used to make up games all the time and get the whole neighborhood playing so its fun to see him come up with this. 
 Only he plays a little different. Sarah and I would set up our stores with all our friends and the fun was in setting them up.  Joel's is in destroying it.  See all the innocent lego and little people?  The green girl is sally, the pink pants girl is molly. There is even a Grandpa and Uncle Jeff (Uncle Jeff sleeps all the time which makes me laugh every time.  Jeff you might have some explaining to do to Joel)  And notice the wise man in there beind Molly holding the gold box?  Joel keeps asking why the wise men wear pies on their heads.  haha. 
 To play parade you line up all the people and they have to talk and then Batman enters the picture and destorys them all. Or takes them to a dark cave with bats. Or somewhere else - depending on what Joel comes up with for that day. And I have to get the other "people" to save the captured ones. Or when I'm just lazy and dont feel like moving, make the "people" cry for their friends.  When Norah is awake and playing with us she is Monster baby who gives everyone a bath by slobbering on all of them.


He loves it.  I have to admit it gets old after the 1000000th time of having Batman destroy my set up. When he gets upset at me Joels first thing to say is "well I'm not going to play parade with you." Spankings, time out dont work with Joel but taking something away that he is playing with does.  So when he gets upset with me I think he takes what he thinks I love away from me.  Its not my favorite thing but I love this boy.  And I love playing with him.  And I'll play parade with him over and over because he loves it. 

No comments: