Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mustache

It was mustache day at school on Friday.  I thought this felt one would work but it was too small and I was trying to fix it while walking him into school that morning. Next year i'm painting one on.   I usually drop him off but had made some sugar cookies for his class party and Colin wanted me to ask the teacher if I could come to it that afternoon.  We were late so I got to stand in the hallway for the pledge of allegiance, moment of silence, and national anthem.  It was fun but also made me tear up in light of what happened last week.  I had to wipe tears away after I dropped him off in his class. I saw the principal and other teachers doing the same thing after the Pledge.  I came back that afternoon - his school is so accomodating to parents. (Brent was home sick with Joel and Norah so I got to really focus on Colin which was nice)  I helped out with his party and he has such a fun class.  The teacher said a class like this doesnt come around very often and according to Colin they get so many "complements" while walking through the hallways. If they get 15 they get an icecream party. I think Colin has an ice cream party at least twice a month.  I hope this class stays with him all through school :)  The assistant principal sang christmas songs to the kids during lunch which they were all talking about.  And I have to say its pretty funny hearing a bunch of 1st graders break out into "jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg...." right after singing Little Drummer Boy while making their christmas crafts.   

No comments: