Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day

I think its funny that I wrote how a great christmas present would be an afternoon on the couch.  I ended up spending two entire days either in bed or on the couch right before christmas.  It wasn't fun. At all. Downright miserable. So I take back that gift idea for the future.

We were suppossed to spend christmas eve with brents dad but he heard the word germs and stayed clear away.  We are going over there tonight instead.  The kids were devestated.  So we let them open on gift on christmas eve.

 At first we were going to just have them open their new books they all got so we could go to bed reading those. 

Joel wasn't excited about that. Not one bit.
Please mommy can I open this big present I've been shaking all week trying to guess what it was.
We caved and let them pick out a big present.  Well the boys.  Norah didnt notice so we just saved hers until the morning. It was christmas after all and they hadn't been anywhere for 2 days since mommy sick. All our plans had changed.  Norah has a beautiful church dress to wear.  Didnt happen.  I think mommy is more disappointed about that than her :)

Joel was not letting his present out of his hands.

Christmas morning came and I woke up feeling much better.  In Joel's words after opening his stocking,  "santa got it wrong" because "santa" brought him a lego set he already had.  oops.  Thought it looked familiar when putting it in the stocking.
Norah was a little confused when we gave her presents to open. 
You  mean I can finally chew and open these gifts you keep taking away from me?
Alright!!!!

After opening gifts at our house we headed over to my parents house. I think it was funny talking to them that morning on the phone and mary is saying "dont come - we dont want your germs" and hearing my mom in the background saying "we want you - please come" 
 The green ninja morphed into a gold ninja during the season finale.  So mom made him a new costume.  Joel has now requested a red ninja costume. We like to keep my mom busy. 

 Mary gave the boys this amazing bow and arrow set.  Brent and I want to make a bunch of them since it was so fun. This picture of Capers reminds me of the picture of her mom shooting a gun at the farm. 

Norah loved the icecream at the end. Brent couldnt shove it in fast enough. It was a great christmas. Thank you everyone for our gifts. And for all the fun.


And if anyone wants to guess what we're doing all of christmas break take a look at this video. 

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

Yay a wii!!!!! Glad you are feeling better. Merry Xmas!

Holly said...

so cute!! love the glimpse into your christmas. I had to laugh about the duplicate lego set. That is too funny!