Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Student of the Month

Today Joel and I attended a short ceremony at school for the "Student of the Month" kids.  One student was chosen from each class and Colin was picked for the first month.  It was fun to see Colin walk into the cafeteria and see Joel and I sitting there.  They called each child up one by one and read a short paragraph on each student (written by their teachers) on why they were chosen for Student of the Month.  It was really nice.  And really fun to hear what the teacher thought of our Colin. He is dependable, hard working, diligent, a leader, and a bunch of other great things but I can't remember.  I was busy trying to keep Joel from running after Bubba and take a picture at the same time.  
Colin beamed the whole time they were talking about him.  We're so proud of our Colin.  And are now the proud owners of one of those bumper stickers "I'm the proud parent of a student of the month..."

1 comment:

Uncle Jeff said...

Just don't put the bumper sticker on the car or I'll have to whip out my, "My kid beat up your honor student" bumper sticker.
:)
Congrats to Colin. I can't believe you didn't say anything when you were here.