Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Sick but grateful

My sister posted this on facebook a few weeks ago with the caption "a glimpse into the Goedecke's life the next few months... Abigail pregnant and sick on the couch and the boys creating mayhem"  and this is pretty much what our days look like. I spent A LOT of time on the couch.  I guess I can't go through a pregnancy without being extremely sick.  The afternoons/evenings are the worse but I'll take it - it so much better than the all day sickness with Joel.  With Joel I would wake up and cry every morning because I wasn't sure how I could make it through the day.  But we're hanging in there and very excited about this next baby.  Being sick means a healthy baby so I'm glad about that. I got to hear the heartbeat today which is always amazing. Its amazing how you can love someone so much that you haven't even met and who makes you very very sick and miserable right now :)  

One good thing about feeling so sick is that the boys have been playing really well together. Its almost like they stopped the annoy my brother phase that they were doing and just bonded really well.  We've also come up with some really fun games on the couch. The kids would rather do that than go to the pool.  The favorite couch/bed game is where I'm the mommy kitty/doggie and they are my doggies/kitties who get into trouble - fall off waterfalls/into volcanoes and mommy cries and tries to save her babies.  All without my having to move.  Pretty ingenious if you ask me and they LOVE it.  So I'm hanging in there and hoping every day that I start feeling better. 

But some fun facts about me being pregnant - with Colin I could eat cottage cheese and feel better.  With Joel as long as I was eating I felt better (which explains why a doctor told me to join a rec center when I was preggo with him)  With this baby I can't eat - but Chickfila does get our business quite a bit during lunch since its the only thing that makes me not want to throw up. (the kids love that part)

I can't brush my teeth but not brushing my teeth makes me gag. I also can't stand the smell of deodorant but the smell of my sweat also makes me gag.  With Joel I couldn't let Brent make toast without getting sick. This time it seems all I want for breakfast is toast. 

I have this excess saliva that I've had with both boys (at any time during my pregnancy with them I could practically spit a cupful of saliva) Its a little better this time but still so gross.

I gagged while changing Joel's diaper yesterday and he looked at me and yelled "baffroom mommy hurry"  Guess he's figured it out.

Colin is very sweet and asks how I'm feeling all the time. He said the reason I feel so icky is because the baby is in my stomach and when you eat too much you always feel icky.  The baby is taking up too much room according to him :)

I've figured out dairy makes me really sick this time.  And eggs are the only thing I can eat and not feel sick afterwards.  

I haven't cleaned my house since getting pregnant.  Brents been taking care of  that.  I married a great one. 

I can't wait until it starts getting dark and Brent is home earlier.  There have been a few nights where he's walked in the door at 7:30 and I head straight for bed. (but I can't sleep because I feel so sick - Unisom has been helping but I have to be careful not to take it past 8pm because then I'm in a fog most of the next morning - so much that I'm afraid to drive)

So I'm just trying to make it through most days.  Really most afternoons.  Yesterday was a good day but this morning has been pretty bad so far.  But I am very grateful for this baby and can't wait to meet him/her.  Its all worth it.  And last night Colin came up and kissed my stomach - so sweet.  We're all excited.  Just hope the next few weeks start getting better. 

1 comment:

k.oldt said...

oh hang in there abigail!