Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

weekend away

We just got back from a weekend away from the kids.   The kids were excited to spend the weekend with my parents but unfortunately Joel got really sick.  so my parents were reminded of what it was like to be up all night with a sick baby. Poor thing.  I felt awful for my parents.  But Colin had a blast. He didn't want to leave and has since kept asking when he can go back to grandpa and Ma-ma-maas house without mommy and daddy.  According to Colin they did really fun things this weekend: build an army tent, play with Uncle Opies really cool legos, make monkey bread, etc.  He keeps telling me all they did. But according to him he had FOUR jobs in the monkey bread making and Ma-Ma-Maa only had 3 jobs...

But the reason we left town was to go to our friend Troy's wedding. Brent was in the wedding and it was a great weekend hanging out with friends.  Brent has an incredible group of friends who have been friends for a really long time. It was really fun to all get together. It was fun for me to meet Melissa - Troys wife.  I always tried to picture who he would marry and she is just perfect for him.




Thats the only picture I got all weekend.  Still hoping Santa comes through with the camera. I should have asked for an early delivery :) But i did get this video at the rehearsal.  I think i was trying to get a picture but I'm glad i got the video.  I love Pete and Ashleigh's voices. 

Brent and I had a great time together. It was great to be able to finish conversations and have so much quality time together. Great for our marriage so thanks Mom and Dad for taking care of the boys.  Next time we'll do it not during cold/flu season! 

And so I don't forget.  We came home last night and before bath time Joel said "ga pee" and i held him up and he peed on the potty!  What a big boy.  My mom said he was also saying "read books" very clearly all weekend.  And Joel definitely has a ton more hair.  Even my mom thought so.  Go away for a few days and your baby is all grown up. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

WHAT A HUGE BLESSING... that is awesome...I loved seeing Pete and Ashleigh singing... and is this Troy, the one I know too... shorter with blonde hair? Always such a gentleman?

Sarah said...

I want all my clothes back!