Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, December 18, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Dear Christmas Tree,

For years we have wanted a real tree.  It just didn't seem like Christmas with a fake one.  Last year when all the lights burnt out on the fake one we were excited about getting a real one.  And we think you are a beautiful tree. And to see Joel get so excited and yell "WOW" every time we turn the lights on is priceless. BUT YOU ARE MAKING US SICK!!!! All of us but Brent. We both grew up having real Christmas trees and it bothered me a little but not like this. I have never been more blocked up in my life. So much that the boys and I can't play in the room with you more than 5 minutes and our noses start to run and we can't breath.  Sad to say this is the last year we are going to have a real Christmas tree in our house.  Enjoy it now because the day after Christmas you are coming down.  I am going to enjoy my fake one and wont even notice that it doesn't smell like a "real" tree because right now I can't smell anything.

The one good thing you have going for you is the amount of needles you drop every day. Pretty soon you wont have any more needles left.  But my Colin gets excited to see the needles on the ground because he thinks it means the elves have been swinging from your branches at night.

So enjoy our house now Christmas tree and please stop emitting your mold spores which according to Google are making us sick.  

3 comments:

Julie said...

oh my goodness did I love every bit of this post. and I am sooooo sorry. I got sick so quickly last night at the staff christmas party. UGH. Sinus infection I think... and my throat is not sore, but scratchy... and so that makes it hard to fall asleep and I sound awful, like I have been smoking all my life... crazy. And to top it off, I think I have a cold sore coming... have you ever had one? I had one once about a year ago and it was the most painful thing ever!!! I am praying it is a zit!

Sorry you are stuffed up. And I love that Colin thinks Elves are jumping from the branches... LOVE THAT BOY!!!

Aunt Angela said...

Me and my mom are allergic to pine, so we've always had fake ones! And I love my fake tree....I just burn a pine yankee candle. :) You could be allergic to pine....since you're used to having a cedar tree!

Michelle said...

I love our pre-lit christmas tree. Easy peasy! For that extra deal, you might be able to buy it the day after Christmas. Sorry about your sinuses. AND I love the pic with Joel crying in the back. Sad but ha-larious!