Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girls night out

Monday night these wonderful girls and I were able to get out of the house without the kids and enjoy adult conversations and taking out time over a meal without having to keep track of kids. Although I think I got just as messy trying to eat crab legs and send some pieces flying across the room.  I dont know why we waited all year to do this!  Sadly all but Heidi are moving tomorrow. (Heidi - I am excited you'll still be here!)  I'm the only non-navy wife in this group.  It has been such a fun group of women to get to know.  I met them all through Kelly when she moved here last summer. Kelly was such a huge encourager all year.  It was such a blessing to have someone who was going through the same thing I was - adjusting to 2 kids, very active boys, both kids getting up every hour in the middle of the night, you name it I think Kelly went through it all with me.  I can't even begin to say how wonderful it was to have someone going through all that at the exact time I was.  Kelly - do you really have to move?  Colin is very sad that RJ moved to South America (not really - North carolina but to him it might as well be South America. He keeps asking if RJ's train table made it to South America.  He's really worried it got left. Or wanting it to get left so he can grab it up.haha not sure which)  I only just started to get to know the other women and then they move. I wish they all had another year here!  Such is life in a military area.  Thanks to facebook it will be fun to see the babies all grow up and maybe one day we'll be able to get them all together to celebrate their July birthdays again.  thanks for a great night ladies.  It was greatly needed.  And I think i'm still in denial that the rest of you have packed up and left already!

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

Abigail, this is soooo sweet. You said it best, it was so nice having someone else know what the night before was like with nonsleepers. :0) We are missing you all already, we will keep Colin posted on the train table. It seems like only yesterday you brought us pasta and watermelon for dinner when we moved in. Miss and love you guys!

Julie said...

I love this post and love Kelly's comment to you. You are such a blessing to people Abby. Seriously a gift. Praying for you sweet friend, I know it is hard when people move away, it is like that here in the expat community.